DAVID D. BOHANNON
David D. Bohannon Organization
David D. Bohannon had been in the real estate business since 1925. In 1928, he had his own real estate and land development organization.
Some of the better known California communities developed by the David D. Bohannon Organization are: The Hillsdale Regional Shopping Center, the Hillsdale Garden Apartments and the Hillsdale residential area, all in San Mateo. The Bohannon Organization also developed and managed the San Lorenzo Village Shopping Center and the San Lorenzo Plaza, and developed the surrounding residential and apartment community in the same Alameda County area.
Other well-known Bohannon communities include: El Cerrito Manor, San Mateo; Westwood, Napa; Rollingwood, Contra Costa County; Embarcadero Oaks, Palo Alto; Mayfair Heights, San Jose; Westwood, Westwood Oaks, Park Westwood in Santa Clara; Hillsdale, Sacramento; Woodside Hills in Woodside; and Homeplace in Hillsborough.
The Bohannon Organization developed Hillsdale Plaza Shopping Center in Sacramento, Almaden Oaks Shopping Center, Park Almaden Shopping Center and Park Westwood Shopping Center in San Jose, as well as a number of other freestanding commercial developments throughout Santa Clara County. Developments in Lake Tahoe include Tahoe Tryol, Montgomery Estates and Meadow Lakes.
Some of David's business activities included:
- Past President, Trustee and member of the Urban Land Institute
- Past President and former Chairman of the City Planning Section of the Commonwealth Club of California
- Past President of the National Association of Home Builders and named to their Housing Hall of Fame in Washington, D.C.
- Past President of the National Association of Realtors
- Life Director of the California Association of Realtors
- Member of the International Fraternity of Lambda Alpha
- Member of the Bay Area Council, Inc.
- Past President and Member of the Founders Board of Government Research Council of San Mateo County
David was a member of the Bohemian Club in San Francisco and numerous civic and sporting organizations.