The California Homebuilding Foundation (CHF) is the industry’s catalyst for producing scholarships, funding pertinent research studies, and supporting educational programs. Our mission is to provide students in homebuilding the opportunity to explore their potential and recognize the industry leaders who have already reached theirs.
The Foundation, its staff, board of trustees, benefactors, and affiliates all work to fulfill our vision of creating a vibrant, thriving homebuilding industry in California.
Those who support the California Homebuilding Foundation invest in the sustainability of our industry’s workforce and the integrity of our local communities.
The California Homebuilding Foundation honors and recognizes the philanthropic supporters who generously fund our scholarship and education programs and housing industry research studies. Our benefactors have paved the way for the foundation to become the multifaceted and successful organization it is today. Meet the CHF benefactors.
The California Homebuilding Foundation is governed by a volunteer board of industry leaders and supporters who are distinguished in their fields. Their commitment ensures the continued success of the foundation’s programs and services. Meet the CHF board of trustees.
The California Homebuilding Foundation operations would not be possible without the dedication of our hardworking team members. We are a small but mighty staff, driven by the pursuit of creating opportunity and value within the homebuilding industry. Click here to meet Team CHF.
We maintain strong partnerships with over 15 affiliate organizations at the local, statewide, and national levels. Our combined efforts to serve the California homebuilding industry yield outcomes of advancement and improvement in the places we call home. Read about our affiliates.
The foundation issues press releases and contributes content to publications nationwide of industry information and announcements. Subscribe to the foundation’s newsletter or search our media archive.
California Homebuilding Foundation (CHF)
1215 K Street, Suite 1200
Sacramento, CA 95814
- In 1978, Robert Rivinius, George Gentry and Emmett Clifford established the California Building Industry Foundation– now California Homebuilding Foundation (CHF).
- CHF is a non-profit organization that advances new homebuilding through construction trades education, scholarships improving the lives of students in building programs and grantmaking championing new homebuilding.
- The Foundation is solely funded through personal and corporate donations, event revenue, CIRB proceeds and occasional grants.
- Learn more about our work by browsing through this website, signing up for our newsletter, following us on Facebook or Twitter and if possible, a donation.
- By making a tax-deductible charitable donation to the CHF, you join many others who are dedicated to our mission of advancing new homebuilding in California.