What We Do
The California Homebuilding Foundation (CHF) enhances the overall wellbeing of the statewide building industry by supporting statistical research, philanthropic giving, and educational programs.
CHF awards scholarships to students in building and construction-related programs and research grants advocating new homebuilding.
For over 40 years, the California Homebuilding Foundation has been committed to making a difference in the lives of students. Every young person deserves an opportunity to be successful and a CHF scholarship is the first step on the road to a lucrative career in the building industry. Click here for current scholarship offerings.
The foundation funds key research studies on topics relating to new housing development and manages the Construction Industry Research Board (CIRB), a statistical building permit reporting service with a 95% data compliance rate. Read our publications and access housing industry statistics.
CHF operates under the core principle that better education benefits students, communities, and the trades. Our educational program, the Building Industry Technology Academy (BITA), offers the resources and training to bring students into the building workforce immediately after high school. Learn more about CHF's focus on Education.
Our fundraising events raise awareness of issues surrounding homebuilding in California and generate the vital resources needed to serve our industry. View our list of annual events.
- CHF works with over 70 colleges and universities providing annual scholarships.
- CHF funds research grants to local BIA's, CBIA and universities on key public policy issues.
- CIRB publishes monthly residential and commercial permit statistics with information directly from California building departments.
- BITA is working in 27 California high schools educating students in construction trades.
- Hall of Fame is one of the most spectacular events of the year.