- September – San Francisco County (San Francisco City): a new $150 million, 12-story office, retail and parking building.
- April – Los Angeles County (Los Angeles City): a $155.2 million new 5-story, 703-unit apartment over one level subterranean parking.
- April – Los Angeles County (Los Angeles City): a $191.1 million structural frame erection permit to construct a core and shell.
- October – Los Angeles County (Los Angeles City): a $296.5 million renovation of an airport terminal at LAX.
- August – San Bernardino County (Rancho Cucamonga City): a new $15.5 billion shell building with a mezzanine, site work and tenant improvement.
The majority of these projects were issued in the 3rd and 4th quarters (Aug-Oct) of the year, while Los Angeles held the record for most permits with the highest valuations. The most costly permit in value was the commercial shell building with a mezzanine, site work and tenant improvement issued in Rancho Cucamonga, San Bernardino.
Are you tracking the building industry? Connect with us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to catch our updates on large projects and upcoming reports, and use the (hashtag) #CIRBappeal to share your thoughts on CA construction and permit activity.
Stay up-to-date on California’s monthly residential and commercial permit activity by subscribing today for a California Construction Review (CCR) Report, or order individualized CIRB Custom Reports tailored to your specific needs. For information on all CIRB products and services, or for placing an order, call us at (916) 340-3340, or email data requests to CHF-CIRB@mychf.org.