Along with various metro area and comparison formats, housing unit projections for 2015, and complimentary CIRB Energy Permit Summary (solar and HVAC) data, this comprehensive annual data report includes in-depth analyses with the following key points and statistics:
- Total construction value of all building permits issued in California for 2014 (residential plus non-residential) is up 7.55% from 2013.
- Single-family and multi-family housing units for 2014 totaled 85,846, up 0.44% from 2013.
- As of March 2015, the unemployment rate in California is 6.5%.
- The $296.5 million renovation of an airport terminal at LAX in the City of Los Angeles, issued in the month of October, was the most costly large project of 2014. Read More
The complimentary 2014 CIRB Energy Permit Summary report revealed the following:
- HVAC change-outs and unspecified mechanical permits issued in California totaled 44,522 in 2014.
- Statewide solar installations in the past year reached 71,066 new permits.
- In the first reported quarter of 2015, 11,248 combined HVAC and unspecified mechanical permits were issued.
The largest California solar construction project this past year was for a $134.6 million installation of a 67MW Regulus ground-mounted PV array issued in Kern County Unincorporated in February 2014.
It’s not too late to request a copy of the Annual Permit Summary and receive the complimentary Energy Permit Summary Report. Order online today, send your request to CHF-CIRB@mychf.org, or call our research team at (916) 340-3346.